Who am I? I am many things. (I am that I am.)
I am a Libra, I am a writer, I am a Yoga teacher. I am a traveller, I am a massage therapist, I am a healer. I am a gypsy, a free spirit, a Feminist. I am a Goddess, a warrior, a princess, and a Queen.
I am the Editor-in-Chief of The Healing Network, a project I envisaged, dreamed about, talked about, blogged about, and shared in any other way I knew how from January 2014 when the idea first came into my consciousness.
HEALERS, please set up your profile on The Healing Network (it’s free and there to help you grow your business, now and forever).
NEED HEALING? Find Healers NOW here > www.thehealingnetwork.org
I am qualified as a mixed-style yoga teacher (200 hrs in Hatha, Vinyasa, Yin and Ashtanga). I completed a further 50 hours of teacher training in Tantra, which heavily influences my practice and style of teaching. This varied background is perhaps why I struggle to hit the nail on the head with a name for My Yoga.
To me, Yoga is about balance, playfulness, and letting go of the ego. It’s about finding your inner strength, while learning to surrender. It’s about finding the acceptance inside to be wherever you are in that moment.
It’s about feeling grounded, nurtured and protected from a place deep inside. It’s about connecting – mind, body and self; individual and collective; I and all.
Yoga is about letting go – of limiting beliefs, of your inner judge, of fear. I endeavour to create an environment to do just that – to let go of what no longer serves you, and find space for light to enter – to nourish, heal and inspire you to be the best version of You, in that moment.
* CURRENTLY IN LONDON, UK *
WEEKLY SCHEDULE –
Mondays 8.45pm @ Stour Space, 7 Roach Rd, Hackney Wick
- 1 hr 20 min of YOGA (Yoga: to join or to ‘yoke’)
- max 6 students, mats provided
- book in advance to secure your space (email: email@example.com or Facebook me: Olivia Wood Healing)
- drop-ins £10 (£2 goes to Stour Space)
- class pass deal: £40 for 5 classes, to be used on consecutive weeks and paid in advance
What to expect –
Expect to breathe, a lot (!) Expect to move your body and your awareness to unexplored places. Expect unexpected sensations, feelings and emotions. Expect to be challenged, lifted, and soothed. Expect to be surprised by what you can do, and what you can’t. Expect a different experience every time. Expect the unexpected! :) Better still, come with no expectations, just the willingness to open and receive, whatever comes.
“The mind is the King of the senses. The breathe is the Queen of the mind.”
Pedro Franco, Tantra Yoga (Yoga No Borders)
Get in touch to book private sessions of –
- Yoga (Hatha, Flow, Tantra)
- Massage (The Raynor Technique)
- Energy healing (I am a Siddha Kundalini channel)
- 2 hr initial healing session / yoga class & consultation* – £110
- 1.5 hr healing session / yoga class – £80
- 1 hr healing session / yoga class – £60
* I allow extra time on your initial visit to get to know you and your body. This allows for a 90 minute session, plus time before your treatment to discuss your current state of health and wellbeing, your expectations and needs from the session(s) and anything else which comes up that might be relevant.
During this initial consultation we will discuss any medical conditions, injuries and/or lifestyle patterns which might affect your treatment. I also explain in as much detail as you’d like about the healing you will receive (The Raynor Technique, Siddha Kundalini channelling, or Yoga). It’s a time to get to know each other, set any expectations and goals for our time together, whether that’s one session, a mini retreat, or a lifetime. I find this time very helpful for both you, the client, and me, the therapist, to get the most out of our healing journey together. Healing is a two-way street, after all.
After each treatment I give you the opportunity to feedback about your experience. You have the option to discuss anything that might have come up during the session. Or, you can leave without uttering a word – the choice is yours. When a client leaves speechless, in my eyes I’ve done a good job. (It happens a lot!)
For appointments, questions, feedback, collaboration ideas or editorial requests, get in touch –
Love, light, laughter, and peace to all.